Expand my Community achievements bar.

Halting Mid Proof - Your best practice

Level 2
Newish user looking for your best practice in a situation. Recently, we started an automated proof routing, only to realize when the first reviewer looked at it that the wrong copy had been used. There were 7 other users that had been included in the proof. I could not figure out how to end the proof early, interrupt it, update it, or notify the users/proofers that we were going to pull the proof and redo it. So I ended up just deleting all of the users/proofers from the proof except myself. Unfortunately, those proofers that were part of stage 1 had already received their email with the link and were subsequently hitting an error message when they tried to review the proof. Am I missing a really obvious way to handle this? How do you handle it when you have to end a proofing round mid way through? Thanks, Jill Jill Addy University of Wisconsin Credit Union
2 Replies

Level 7
What we would do in this situation is - from the project - click on Documents, then click to select the document. With the document selected look for the "Versions" section on the right, in that section you can delete the latest proof version. I believe that anyone on that particular workflow will end up at a dead link if they click the email. Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 4
Hi Jill, Are your reviewers in WF? If so, we use a Proof Approval report to manage our proofs. We have it filtered on the latest version so that when something happens to a proof, like the wrong automatted workflow was chosen, then our proof creators just upload a new version of the proof and then on the report only the newest version shows. Let me know if this is an option that will work for you and I can give you the filters, views, and groupings we use on our report. Thanks, Jessie Dantin Mercy Health