Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidance creating Workfront advocates and productive internal user forum engagement

Level 3

We implemented Workfront in 2017. When we launched we set up a user group of champions and met with them every couple of weeks. The hope was to have a user from each department participate as an engaged advocate for Workfront who could take tips and tricks back to their respective teams and generate enthusiasm for the tool. Sadly, what occurred was users came with lists of complaints/concerns from their department (mostly related to other teams) and it devolved into an unproductive meeting.

4 years post-implementation, we have begun migrating users to the new experience. The response has been positive. We started with a pilot group with the hope that these users would sell the new interface to their teammates. We are again looking to create an internal Workfront user forum. One where users feel greater ownership of the tool and processes built within our WF instance.

Would love to get feedback/guidance from this community:

• Could anyone share their experience generating strong engagement among the users you support? How did you approach this challenge? Do you have any tips for more robust engagement?
  • Can anyone offer use cases or can recommend anyone who have had success in this area of user engagement?

Many thanks in advance!

Alyssa Morin

Fidelity Investments: FI Marketing

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

Hi Alyssa,

I've heard that @Samantha Isin‚ has done a lot of great things with this. I know @Kathy Haven‚ also did a lot of great work rolling out NWE in the past and might have some tips for you. Also, tomorrow morning there is a user group where Dawn from IEHP will be presenting. @Cliff De Jong‚ works with her and might be able to give you some insights as to what work for them!

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 1

Hello! So sorry for the delay in my reply, I had issues logging in. @Alyssa Morin - happy to have a quick discussion if you are still looking for tips! Just shoot me an email. Thanks!