Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Group Admin can't inline edit Project Template assignments

Level 6

Hi,

One of our group admin's can't inline edit the assignments of a project template where she's the owner. However, it does let her edit the row and go from there, e.g. "bulk edit" singular or all tasks. She got full Project Templates edit rights in access levels. Is this as expected?

Thanks, Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MattWindsor - Hmm, are you able to edit the assignments inline with your account? I'm wondering if she a different view on the project template and the assignments isn't the OOTB one and is preventing her from editing inline. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MattWindsor - Hmm, are you able to edit the assignments inline with your account? I'm wondering if she a different view on the project template and the assignments isn't the OOTB one and is preventing her from editing inline. 

Level 6

Hi Victoria, yes, I can edit on my account but that's a good idea and I'll check that.

Thanks

Matt

Level 6

You're a genius! Instead of the standard "Template Task Assignment" field, hers was created in TextMode as below. No idea why as when I put both in, and populate the standard one, they both populate. I've switched her to the standard field and all in now well again.

Thanks so much!

displayname=
linkedname=direct
namekey=assignments
textmode=true
tile.name=component.assignmentslist
valuefield=assignmentsListString
valueformat=HTML
viewalias=assignments"