Expand my Community achievements bar.

Graphing Question

Level 2

Does anyone know of a way to represent day-over-day data in Workfront? Currently, we are using automation that captures the number of issues and projects in particular statuses and records the same on a task-level custom form. It creates a new task every day in the same project and records all the counts as a number.

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 5.09.30 PM.png

We are able to graph it as below when the same is exported as an Excel but looking for ways to do the same in Workfront.

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 4.28.59 PM.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Surya_Lakhani,

Although this type of "data over time" is not natively available within Workfront, I invite you to review and consider the techniques described in this Automatic Weekly Status Reporting post, which then lead us (among other similar things) to the "Guitar Hero" section of our Executive Status Report solution.

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1684293322663.png

I hope that gives you some ideas, and would be happy to chat further via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Two WF report types are coming to mind that you could use for this:
1. A stacked bar chart would be good for this of the 3 bar chart options.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1684330294890.png

2. Or, bc you have many data elements, and they're all numeric values, a matrix chart would be great. It essentially looks like an excel report within WF, but doesn't look that different from your first screenshot it would just put them in cells and you can have conditional rules to highlight when any value is over X, for example.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

I tried setting it up as a bar chart report as it would be closer to the chart users are looking for but even though each field that captures the metrics is a number field it does not let me plot that on the Y axis. Record count option only shows 1 as each day there is one task created with all the values. 

I do have the excel looking report setup that the user can export and create the required area chart, not sure if matrix report would be any step up from that. 

Community Advisor

You may need to take a look at your groupings. The groupings in your report dictate what you can plot in your chart. You need a grouping in order to have it as a chart plotting option, and you can choose to have your chart axis show as sum, average, etc.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

I've toyed with the idea of using Fusion to export a report out to an external Excel, Google Sheet, Power BI chart and then put that window in a frame in a Workfront Dashboard. But alas, I've never gone further than thinking about it.

Level 2

I am unable to embed a Power BI dashboard/report in Workfront, it just gives me a broken page icon saying "app.powerbi.com refused to connect." I wanted to push data to Power BI using fusion but it wont work if I cant get that report to show up back on WF dashboard.

Level 10

Oh man, that throws a wrench in my gears. I wonder if it's some kind of PBI setting?