Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Granting External Users Limited Proof Access

Level 2
Hi! Our team is currently setting up proofing in our instance, but we're encountering an issue with defining restricted permissions for our external agencies. Our main question here is: If you have been using proofing with external agencies, how have you been using it and have you been able to customize the access restrictions to proofs that the agency uploads to project tasks? Here's what we'd like to do and are thinking: Ask our external agencies (work + proof license) to upload proofs (i.e. creative assets for review) to specific tasks within our existing projects. They should only be able to see the specific task to which they've been assigned within the project. Once they upload the proof, we want to be able to circulate the asset for internal review without allowing the agency to access our comments etc. Since they would be proof owners, this might require us to somehow transfer ownership of the proof from the agency to us. Once we have finished reviewing the proof, we'd like for the agency to see only proof comments that we want them to see (i.e. consolidated notes with clear instructions for the agency--not the rest of our internal comments). The main problem we are encountering is that it's not possible to customize comment viewing--we are considering duplicating proofs and circulating the copy for internal review, but that adds an extra step to our review process. We would also like the agency to be able to upload new versions of the proof once revisions come in. If you have any thoughts or need extra info in order to weigh in, please let me know! We're really hitting a wall with this one and haven't been able to roll out proofing properly yet, so your help would be super appreciated. Alethia Shih Disney Studios
0 Replies