Expand my Community achievements bar.

Getting the beginning of week for Hour entryDate

Level 3
I know that I can use this value expression to get me the work hours for the current week. .valueexpression=DIV(WORKMINUTESDIFF($$TODAYew,$$TODAYbw),60) However, I am building a report allow the user to select the date range they want and group by the week. In the group heading, I would like to show the number of work hours for the group by week. I was hoping that this would work. It does not. DIV(WORKMINUTESDIFF({entryDate}ew,{entryDate}bw),60) Would anyone have insight? I was hoping to generate a report where the user could see their direct reports times and see if they've entered all hours in the week. For example this week, they would be required to enter 40 hours, while next week it will show 32 hours. Thoughts?
3 Replies

Level 3
Not sure how to solve that coding. Just checking...is this for each user? If so, and if you have enabled Timesheets, you can direct them to their Timesheet. Hopefully they have knowledge of how many hours they are to report each week. In our case, we simply expect users to report at least 40/week, no matter if it includes holidays or time-off. You can use Hour Types to report non-project time, or create your own standardized non-project reporting tasks as we did. We created Timesheet reports that let us know who has not done so. Timesheet data are grouped in a variety of ways.

Level 3
I'm attempting to build a report for managers of all of their direct reports. That manager requested a timesheet entry for Holidays for his team so that he can see that all 40 hours for the week have been entered before approving timesheets. I suggested a report instead but he didn't like that and only wanted the timesheet entry so that he can just look at their timesheet and see that the bottom totaled 40. He has hourly employees. All mine are salaried and I would love to have this report just to have an overview. I have created the time sheet entry for him so he's happy for now. I said the same thing about just knowing... "hey last week had memorial day off, so there should only be 32 hours not 40". But whatever.

Level 1
Michael, Did you ever find a solution to your original post? I've got a similar situation where I need to build a report that will only show hours worked > 40 for every work week on a project. I think the text mode to solve your problem could be used to solve mine too. Thanks, Ty Kenneth Seigler Crowley Maritime Corporation