Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Generating a report that shows team members % of pln hours vs available hours for the week

Level 4

Hi All, I'm attempting to generate a report that shows a team's planned hours as a percentage for the week. For instance, so and so is "60% full this week, kind of like the Workload balancer.  the report would be based on the team member's planned hours vs their Work Time and FTE allocations.  If you could provide some insight into which report would be best to generate a chart showing this info would be greatly appreciated as well.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Kundanism you can export info from the Planner area. After you've set your planner with filters as you want it for users you're looking at, click Export from the top right icon area:

Madalyn_Destafney_2-1694091013371.png

From there you can specify timeframe and other things.

Madalyn_Destafney_3-1694091059046.png

OR, if you're looking for something more like a standard WF report, I actually have this text mode for an hour report where I wanted a column of the user's % of time logged of their 40hr allocation. So this isn't for planned hours but you could change the report to focus on planned instead of actual hours and the %.

My columns: 

Madalyn_Destafney_4-1694091160935.png

Text mode for far right column:
aggregator.displayformat=doubleAsString
aggregator.function=SUM
aggregator.valueexpression=CONCAT(({hours}/40)*100,"%")
aggregator.valueformat=val
displayname=% of Time Tracked
textmode=true
valueexpression=CONCAT(({hours}/40)*100,"%")
valueformat=compound

@navanyama what you're looking for is different. You can simply create an hour report either grouped by user (hour owner name) then project or vice versa with a column for logged (actual) hours. Include filters for a timeframe and teams/groups/etc. to help whittle your report down to what you need. From there, you can export it (you can export just about any report) from the icon under the details tab, or it shows as 'Export' from the summary tab.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1694090827305.pngMadalyn_Destafney_1-1694090856206.png

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there! Have you looked into the Resource Planner tool (another tool in Resourcing alongside Workload Balancer)? It can show % allocation by user based on planned hours vs. their availability. More on this here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-resources/resource-planning-in-adobe-... 

Level 10

A great tip Madalyn, just curious, can we pull this one in report. If you have some please share the basics.

Have a great day.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 1

Exactly I need the same, can you provide me with any stuff?

Need a report detailing each user's hours spent on individual projects, to be exported as a spreadsheet.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Kundanism you can export info from the Planner area. After you've set your planner with filters as you want it for users you're looking at, click Export from the top right icon area:

Madalyn_Destafney_2-1694091013371.png

From there you can specify timeframe and other things.

Madalyn_Destafney_3-1694091059046.png

OR, if you're looking for something more like a standard WF report, I actually have this text mode for an hour report where I wanted a column of the user's % of time logged of their 40hr allocation. So this isn't for planned hours but you could change the report to focus on planned instead of actual hours and the %.

My columns: 

Madalyn_Destafney_4-1694091160935.png

Text mode for far right column:
aggregator.displayformat=doubleAsString
aggregator.function=SUM
aggregator.valueexpression=CONCAT(({hours}/40)*100,"%")
aggregator.valueformat=val
displayname=% of Time Tracked
textmode=true
valueexpression=CONCAT(({hours}/40)*100,"%")
valueformat=compound

@navanyama what you're looking for is different. You can simply create an hour report either grouped by user (hour owner name) then project or vice versa with a column for logged (actual) hours. Include filters for a timeframe and teams/groups/etc. to help whittle your report down to what you need. From there, you can export it (you can export just about any report) from the icon under the details tab, or it shows as 'Export' from the summary tab.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1694090827305.pngMadalyn_Destafney_1-1694090856206.png

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )