Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Task-Level field inherit default value from Parent-Level field.

Level 5

I have a few Radio Button (Yes/No) fields that exist at the project-level on a custom form. The same fields exist at the Task-Level on a different custom form. Not all tasks have this custom form, only tasks where it's relevant.

My question is, Is it possible to make the task-level values default to the project-level values of that same field?

Example, there may be a field that states "Compliance Required?" at the project-level, to indicate if the Project needs to be reviewed by Compliance. If the value is set to "Y", I'd want all instances of the task-level "Compliance Required?" field to inherit the value of "Y". Users should be able to adjust the task-level value if specific tasks do not need Compliance.

I thought maybe I could do this with a calculated field, but then I'm not sure my users would be able to change the task-level value from it's default "inherited" value (e.g. change the "Y" to an "N" at the task-level) if Compliance isn't needed on that specific task.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @J_Mas,

No, but if you default the (same) radio buttons to nothing, you could think of the Task level one as an Override to the Project level one by having a Task level calculated parameter consider both (eg IF(ISBLANK({radio}),{project}.{radio},{radio}))

regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @J_Mas,

No, but if you default the (same) radio buttons to nothing, you could think of the Task level one as an Override to the Project level one by having a Task level calculated parameter consider both (eg IF(ISBLANK({radio}),{project}.{radio},{radio}))

regards,

Doug