Expand my Community achievements bar.

General notifications to users

Level 3
I would like to send out periodic messages to groups of users, or sometimes all of our users about changes in process involving Workfront. We find that we need to remind users of the process in order to keep everyone in line. Is there a way to do this IN WORKFRONT instead of just an Outlook email? If so, I haven't figured it out!! Mark Hahn SEI Investments Company
7 Replies

Level 10
Hi Mark, You could do it via sending an announcement through Workfront. You can send it to teams, groups, people linked with job roles, etc. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 2
I'm sorry, I don't see where the tab for Announcements is. Paula Mitchell Creative Services

Level 10
Hi Paula, Once you click on your notification square in a upper right corner - it gives you two headers: announcements and notification. Click on Announcement and it will take you to the announcement landing page where you can find option of creating a new one. hope that makes sense :) Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 2
Ah ha! Found it! Good to know. Paula Mitchell Creative Services

Level 7
Hi Mark, Dagmara's suggestion is fantastic, and makes it easily visible for many users. However, I've seen some instances where people ignore the blue notifications, so there's another way to do it. You can comment right on users, and you can comment on them in bulk. You can go to the People -> People tab, and you can create filters that fit your need, such as home team, a specific team, groups, companies, etc. You can then select all (top check box) and click Update. Here's a quick snip of what it would look like: If you find you need to update people on a specific project, you can go to that project, go to More, Staffing, People, and do the same thing there. Here's a quick snip of what it would look like: I hope this info helps you out! Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Hi Mark, To your point about making such announcements visible within Workfront rather than Outlook (for permanence and reinforcement, I presume), I have another suggestion: Create a special Project called Workfront Announcements Raise Internal Announcement Issues (with custom data as you see fit) under that Project Create a special Workfront Announcements Issues Report that presents such (open) items Drop that report prominently onto the Dashboard(s) where users will appreciate seeing the reminders Periodically close the items manually to keep the list from growing too long Consider "self-cleaning" via some custom parameters such as "Announce Start" and "Announce End" Consider dressing up the format of the report to help keep it interesting One of my favorite ways to do so is to "fade" the font as announcements age, as per "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=151&MessageKey=fbaa44f7-e366-4235-b6ec-a20bf011a014&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer">The Scoop idea In this fashion, you can keep relevant reminders for your users where they need it, when they need it. Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
@Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore , interesting use of project and dashboard. I may make use of it in our instance. Thanks! Polly Co