Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fusion: Does anyone know an efficient way to mark a custom field as "updated" without adding or subtracting any data? or making any changes to the value?

Level 10

I have an automation that looks for updates to a "DE:Job Number" field and then prefixes that value to the front of the Project:name. So all projects are named "Job Number" - "Project name".

I want to find a way to do a sweep to make Fusion think the field was updated in all active projects so it will trigger this automation.

I could automate adding a dot or hyphen to the value of all open jobs and then subtracting it but that's two changes and seems like a hack. I just want Fusion to think the field was updated so it will trigger the "look for updated field" scenario.

Any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Would updating the job number with the job number work?

0694X00000J3MOaQAN.png

Level 10

I did some tests and found that updating the “DE:Job number” field with the “DE:Job Number” field does not make Fusion think it has been updated. That would have been too easy.

Even adding a space to the value and then doing a trim doesn't fool it.

So I used an update record module to add a bullet ‚Ä¢ to the end of the Job Number field and then in the same scenario, I added (IF job number contains a bullet, replace the bullet with “null”, else leave it alone). That worked but now for every update, there’s two updates.

Is there a more efficient way to make Fusion think a field has been updated to trigger a watch field module?