Expand my Community achievements bar.

Friday fun: What do you do to unwind?

Employee

For a little Friday fun this afternoon (or whenever you see this....) I thought we could share the ways that we all could use to disconnect and come back to work recharged. Any great ideas that have worked for you?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 7

I find a few Manhattans do the job well enough.

Okay, more than a few.

Alright alright, it's a twisty straw into a bottle of bourbon.

Level 7

I've thought of sippy-cups to avoid spilling, never thought of twisty straws. Love it! :)

Level 7

But seriously, lately it's walks and hiking. Fall is my favourite season and there are some decent trails within a reasonable drive from my home in Central New Jersey. Yes, there are trees in New Jersey; it's not all toxic waste dumps and mini-malls. Completely detaching from tech (and, God forgive me, my kids) for a few hours is what I need in order to reset.

And yeah, perhaps a Manhattan after that.

-j

Employee

I have ALWAYS wanted to visit New England in the fall, I've heard it is gorgeous. And your comment made me think about the common "Have you tried turning it off and back on again"? It does wonders for me too!

0694X00000ArDoXQAV.jpg

Level 1

NJ definitely has trees and beautiful nature...and rocks. Franklin, NJ is the fluorescent mineral capital of the world. You can hunt for rocks at night! And hit them with hammers! Very good for unwinding after a stressful week. And then have bourbon.

Level 7

HA! I grew up "down the road" from Franklin in Oak Ridge. I've never been to the fluorescent mineral museum--you'd think I have done so. (I used to play darts at Sullivan's while it still existed. I drank bourbon there--another connection.)

Speaking of hitting rocks, I live about an hour away from Ringing Rocks County Park in Bucks County PA. You go there with hammers and hit rocks which ring like bells. It's also a great place to go when you're stressed out for obvious reasons.

Employee

Ohhhh... this sounds like a healthy way to de-stress... and I just spent time exploring that museum! I really didn't know rocks could glow like this... I stole this picture from their Instagram - What a crazy world this is!

0694X00000ArFQIQA3.png

Level 10
I pre-game with my crew on our WFPro Decompression Session<> call every Friday, where the conversation often evolves into anything but Workfront topics (politics, weather, mental health, etc.). Then I follow that up with long walks in nature, which have proven to be the best therapy in the world. Don’t be afraid to pop in and listen to us shoot the‚Ķ feces. --Narayana

Employee

Nature again for the win! Thanks for the invite, I agree that de-stressing with friends can be very, very helpful to unwind and reset.

Level 10

Spend time with my girlfriend, play video games, build with LEGOs (proud AFOL), spend time with our two cats, or take a walk at the local marsh (well…I live in California so that hasn't happened in weeks, but…).

Oh, and a glass of V. Sattui wine or Indigeny hard cider never hurts. :-)