Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Filtering tasks/requests by being an approver on the task/request

Level 3

I'm looking to figure out a report where I can filter it by whether the viewing user is an approver on a task/request. I'm assuming I can use some sort of EXISTS filter on a task/request report.

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=APPROVAL
EXISTS:a:ownerID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:ownerID_Mod=eq
EXISTS:a:taskID=FIELD:ID

I'm not well versed in EXISTS filters yet, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there,

After messing around I think this should work for you, add this filter text mode to your task report. I also added in filter to only pull from projects in Current so you users aren't seeing some pending approvals from projects that have already moved on.

awaitingApprovals:userID=$$USER.ID
awaitingApprovals:userID_Mod=in
pendingApproval=true
pendingApproval_Mod=eq
project:status=CUR
project:status_Mod=in

Try it out and please mark correct to help others if this helped you : )
If you have issue approvals, you'll need to do this same thing in an issue report.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

This isn't quite what I am looking for. I'm looking to isolate tasks/requests that were completed, filtered by whether the user was the approver. My assumption is that I should be able to filter by approval owner or something like that

Community Advisor

Hi there, let me be sure I understand. You want a report showing completed task/request approvals where the approver is the same person who triggered the approval?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )