Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Filter project report on task

Level 2

I created a project report based on the project fields that I need.  However, I want to filter it by a certain task.  I created a custom column task name, but it brings up all tasks.  I want to filter on a specific task, though.  Here is what I have.

tasks:name="Add instructors"
tasks:name_Mod=cicontains

However, this isn't bringing anything up.  Am I missing more code?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Karen,

To display the project owner name in a task report, the following text mode in a column would do it:

displayname= Project Owner
linkedname=project
querysort=project:ownerID
textmode=true
valuefield=project:owner:name
valueformat=HTML

Regards,

Rich 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Karen,

Are you wanting the report to only show projects that contain a task with that name? If yes, you will need to use an Exists filter and the following would do it:

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=TASK
EXISTS:a:name=Add instructors
EXISTS:a:name_Mod=cicontains
EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

Thanks Rich.  Unfortunately, that didn't work.  I'm still getting all of the tasks assigned to the project.  Any other thoughts?

Community Advisor

Can you clarify what it is you’re trying to achieve?

Are you trying to display all projects that contain a task with the name “Add instructors”. The code I have supplied as a text mode filter (not in a column) will work. 

Or are you trying to show this task name in a column within your report. In which case you will need different text mode to work in your report view (I.e. not a filter). Let me know if that’s what you need and I’ll give you some example code. 

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 2

Ah.  I see the problem.  I'm thinking of this the wrong way.  So, what I want is for the projects where the "Add instructors" task is less than 100% to get pulled.  Can that be done?

Let me know if I'm still not making sense.

Community Advisor

Ahh, I've got you. You need an extra line of code in what I supplied to filter for tasks that are not yet complete then, this will do the trick:

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=TASK
EXISTS:a:actualCompletionDate_Mod=isnull
EXISTS:a:name=Add instructors
EXISTS:a:name_Mod=cicontains
EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID

Let me know if that works for you. 

Level 2

Nope.  That didn't work either.  I'm trying another way to create what I am trying to do.  I created a task report this time and created some custom columns.  That seems to be working.  The only problem that I'm having is that I want to add a column to show the project owner.  This is what I've tried.  I'm sure that I have the coding wrong because it's not working.  Mind you this is a task report and I'm trying to get the project owner name.

linkedname=owner
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=owner
namekeyargkey.1=name
querysort=owner
textmode=true
valuefield=project:owner
valueformat=customReferenceObjectAsString

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Karen,

To display the project owner name in a task report, the following text mode in a column would do it:

linkedname=project
querysort=project:ownerID
textmode=true
valuefield=project:owner:name
valueformat=HTML

Regards,

Rich 

Level 2

Can I ask you another question.  I created a filter on this task report to pull all the projects that I own.  The filter is pulling some of the projects but not all.  This is what I have.

project:ownerID=650c57bb000954990d240fd9b15eb7e2
project:ownerID_Mod=in

Am I missing something?

Community Advisor

That filter should work. Do you have other filter rules set up other than what you have pasted into your question?

Level 2

Ah!  Good point.  The other filters that I have were getting in the way.