Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Field not downloading

Level 2
Hi Workfront Community. I have a task report where I need to show which milestone a task is associated to. We have our projects setup so each top level task has a milestone assigned to it so each subsequent child/grandchild/great-grand and so on will inherit their most parent milestone. Now I found that in the reporting if you try to pull on your great-great-grandparent the system is limited and will not do so. It will only go to great grandparent. I figured out a workaround in a custom form which has multiple calculated fields looking at it's parents milestone custom field and carrying that down through the custom fields down 10 levels of children (and it can go further if required.) Everything works just fine in my report, the custom field pulls in perfectly, but my problem when exporting the report, the field comes back blank even though within Workfront the report has my field. I tried to export in all different file types and all resulted in the fields being blank within the column. Has anyone run into this problem with custom calculated fields not appearing in an export file? Keaton Beyer
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7
Try removing that Column from your report, then adding it back in, and then export. About a month or so ago, I had a similar issue, where I had a Column on a report that was pulling in calculated data. It was showing up fine in Workfront but was blank when I exported it to Excel. I had changed my calculated data slightly after I had added the Column to my Workfront report. After trying to figure out why I was getting a blank column for about an hour, I just removed the Column from the Workfront report and added it back in, and then exported to Excel and YAY, it showed up in Excel with the information I was expecting. Sometimes it is the simple things, but I wish I had that AHA moment an hour earlier! Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 2
I just tried that and unfortunately it didn't work. I had high hopes, I've been working on this for a while. I have a feeling it's a bug and is going to have to go into development which means I have to do this manually for our monthly reporting.... Hopefully there's another way to fix it! Keaton Beyer

Level 7
Was really hoping that it would work for you too. Hoping that you find a fix/solution soon! Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
Many years ago, I had a similar issue and what I did was go to textmode in the column and where valueformat said something like customDataAsString, I changed it to HTML and that helped fix it. Maybe try that and see. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2
That worked, but the opposite. I had it as HTLM and changed it to customDataAsString. Thanks! Keaton Beyer