Expand my Community achievements bar.

Exporting a report with a view that is not the default

Level 2

When exporting a report, I can only get the Report Default view to export. Although I can apply other created views in Workfront, they will not export. Is there ‚‚a workaround for getting alternative views to export or do I need to create a new report with the view I want to export as the default view?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Roy,

Perhaps we're doing something different, but (to test your theory, in Workfront Classic) when I open a report, click the Details tab, choose a view other than the Report Default, then export (e.g. to Excel), the resulting file matches the column in the view I selected, vs the Report Default.

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

I am using the New Experience and there appears to be more to the problem. If a created view (which uses text mode in some columns, I don't know if this is relevant) is used as the report default, when a new view is selected, while that view displays, the name of the selected view does not show in the View dropdown, instead "Report Default" shows and the Report Default view exports. However, if a standard Workfront view without text mode is used as the report default view, these issues don't occur.

The issues also didn't occur for the one person using Classic who tried it, although they did occur when an admin using the New Experience signed in as a person using Classic.

Currently I've made the Report Default view one of the standard views (that is irrelevant to my needs) so that view names will display correctly and the views will export correctly. However, I'd like to be able to assign the created view as the Report Default view so as not to confuse users. Thanks.

Hmm...agreed, Roy: sounds like an NWE defect. @Josh Boston‚ , how would you suggest Roy report this so it can be investigated and resolved?

Regards,

Doug

Employee

Hi @Roy Mesler‚,

I opened a support case for you regarding this issue. One of our engineers is going to look into this with you to determine why this is happening. You should be able to see the case under the Support tab here in Workfront One.

Best,

Hannah