Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email Notification not being received by all project members

Level 1

I have project notification settings set as below:

Information about projects I'm On > Issue Add to Project Team

When an issue is added to a particular project, not all team members ion that project are receiving the email notification (including me and I am admin). 

Other email notifications come through, and if i add an issue i do get the request added notification, I just do not get the new issue notification if someone else does. I can not for the life of me understand why some team members get this message and others do not when all settings appear to be the same.

6 Replies

Level 8

I had that create confusion with a team who didn't realize some of them had their alerts set for instant and some set for daily digests. When the people with the instant alerts get the email, only the people who also have the instant alert set will be listed in the distribution list. That led them to think people were being left off the list, but they were really just getting a consolidated email later. 

Level 8

Echoing this statement, I would encourage the users to take a look at their individual notification preferences

Level 1

I have checked individual notification settings and this does not appear to be the issue. 

At this point I believe it may be something happening outside of Workfront with the emails being screened by Outlook or my company firewall. 

Level 8

I would recommend ensuring that everything in Workfront is configured for the individual - notifications wise.  If you are sure that Workfront is sending out notifications then it would be a matter of your email client doing something with the email (sent to junk) or a corporate routing situation.  If your corporate IT is intercepting emails generated from Workfront you can ask them to specifically whitelist the domain you use for your Workfront URL.

Community Advisor

Sometimes resetting the notification will help. You can try turning it off and then on again for the group or system. 

Also, make sure the project isn't in planning. It won't send notifications for projects in planning.

Community Advisor

In addition to everyone's thoughts - ask if they have an email rule putting the notifications elsewhere. Or maybe they have an email rule for WF notifications to automatically go to their Trash (I've seen it happen!).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )