Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Email Getting Marked as Spam

Level 4
I am having an issue where our email gateway (Trustwave SEG) is marking some workfront notifications as spam and not releasing them to the user's inbox. We have already added the notification email address to the white list. The gateway we use utilizes a voting system where other customers can mark these messages as spam and then gets worked into the spam filtering algorithm. This appears to be the cause of messages getting blocked. I am working with our email admin on this; however, progress has been slow. We are currently set up to send email using the workfront email server. My email admin is not excited about opening up SMTP to permit workfront to use our on-premise exchange server. Are there any other solutions that others have found?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4
We had the issue as well with our Cisco SPAM solution. Whitelisting the domain did work for us, though I do feel like sometimes I am not receiving a notification that I should. Your Exchange admin is correct that directly connecting the two does pose security risks (how "real" or likely a risk...somewhat debatable, but still) and I know we certainly wouldn't allow it unless it was a last measure.

Level 4
Thanks for the reponse. I think we may have resolved the issue via a rule / policy change on the spam gateway though I am a little leary. We have whitelisted the IPs and the designated sender address for our instance. We'll see what happens. It's frustrating that something somewhat ancillary to the core feature set casues so much angst in my user base.