Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Edit Project Schedule Mode from Report

Level 5

Is there a way to edit a project's Schedule Mode from a report?

There are times when I'd like to switch the Schedule Mode of several planned projects from "Start Date" to "Completion Date". It's a lot of clicking to have to navigate to each project individually and switch the Schedule Mode. I've created a Project report that pulls in the Planned Start Date, Planned Completion Date, and the Schedule Mode, but it seems like the Schedule Mode field is view-only on my report. Is this because my report needs to be built at a different way (perhaps at a different Object-Type), or is the Schedule Mode field only editable from within a project's Details section?

Schedule Mode setting in Project reportSchedule Mode setting in Project report

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't believe that field is in-line editable in a view/report. If you are needing to update the Schedule Mode on several projects, in your report you can click the checkbox next to multiple projects to bulk edit. 

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 4.40.36 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I don't believe that field is in-line editable in a view/report. If you are needing to update the Schedule Mode on several projects, in your report you can click the checkbox next to multiple projects to bulk edit. 

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 4.40.36 PM.png

Level 5

Thanks @NicholeVargas, I think you're right that it can't be in-line edited. Bulk editing via checkbox might save a little time though, I'll have to play around with that.