Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Edit Issues permission with Contribute access rights

Level 2
Hi, The bulk of my users have a Work licence, and I have set them up under the "Issue Edit" permissions to Create, Delete and Share. I have also set the users with Contribute rights to the project. The problem is that even for issues that the user enters themselves, they are unable to edit the title or description and have to ask someone with a Plan licence to make the update. This help page indicates that with a Work licence a user should be able to Edit Issues: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217179467-Issue-Access This page about Issue Permissions shows that someone with Contribute rights can edit a custom form, but doesn't say anything about editing issues: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/217179387-Issue-Permissions I'm a little confused what actually drives the ability to see the "Edit Issue" option on an issue. Does anyone know? The extra confusion is that the same user is able to edit the title and description when doing inline editing. So why can they do it that way and not have the "Edit Issue" option. Can anyone help, or do I need to log the question with the Workfront helpdesk? Thanks Richard
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
On the project where the Issue is created, have you set the Access as follows: When someone is assigned to an ISSUE ... Give them "Manage" rights to the issue This is how we ensure that our users inherit Manage rights on the issues created, giving them the ability to edit all aspects of the issue, both in-line or in the "Edit Issue" interface.

Level 1
Agree - set the " When someone makes a request, automatically grant..." setting to "Manage" . This setting is under Project Queue Setup/Queue details. That fixed it for us also.

Level 2
Thanks Narayan, we hadn't realised that is where the permissions are controlled, so we have updated them as suggested. I'm happy to say that the users can now edit new issues that have been created. Thanks for the help.

Level 2
Thanks Lori. We have update the Queue Setup details to ensure Manage rights are granted for Requests.

Level 2
Following this logic, is there a way to give a group/team MANAGE rights to requests that are made in QUEUE SETUP, even when they are not the ones that submitted the original request?