Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Grant sandbox access to non-admin?

Level 4
Is there a way to give a user access to the sandbox/preview environment without being an admin? We have a developer interested in learning more about WF and is interested in working in the sandbox, but she is not an admin, and we want to keep our admins to a minimum.
4 Replies

Level 10
You don't need to be an admin to have access to sandbox. Any Workfront user got access to Sandbox. So as long as a developer is a user of Workfront - she can play in Sandbox.

Level 2
We provide the URL to the person who can then add it to their favorites.

Level 4
I usually give them a link and set up a login for them. You can also set up a specific access level and Layout template so you can manage what they can and can't see. Thanks.

Level 10
Hi: What we do to give people access to our Preview / Sandbox instance: 1) We are using SSO and SSO doesn’t work in our Preview/Sandbox instance; 2) I open their ID in PROD, give them a temp password; 3) I log in as them, and give them a perm password; 4) I do the same in the Sandbox; 5) Now they can log into the Sandbox; 6) I wait for the Sunday night refresh to occur - now that password gets overwritten with the PROD password; 7) They can continue to log into the Sandbox. Can anyone think of an easier way? Eric