Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using Workfront for event management?

Level 4
I've had a lot of interest lately from other customers about using Workfront to manage events. If you are using Workfront to manage tradeshows, conferences or other events, please tell us a bit about how you use it and how it's working for you. Thanks!
4 Replies

Level 10
hey Sherry, we're using it in two ways, sometimes with more success than others. :) The problem is that the people who ultimately run our events are at an executive level (read: they don't really get "into" Workfront) One of our divisions is using a request queue as an intake form -- the event request gets forwarded to a traffic manager who will assign out to several project managers as needed. Our other division uses a single project per event, assigning out work to Design to build the pieces needed for the event, but I notice that they opt to do a lot of actual event management (management of the attendees, flight info, coordination of event location) outside Workfront. In other words, whether they use a request or projects, our users appear to be primarily focused on the pieces we have to create rather than the workflow it takes to create an event proper. I hope that helps! -skye

Employee
Good Morning Sherry, We are an apartment management and development company that is growing fast. We use request queues for all grand opening and groundbreaking event requests. We use the queue to get all of the necessary information in different custom forms for each type of event. The request goes to our marketing department as a group. They all get a notification and have a dashboard to view all requesting and works in progress. Each request (issue) is turned into a project from templates for the different events. It works very well. The two things the department likes most about this is 1) We made fields on the custom form to request the event required so they get all information needed instead of having to send out multiple e-mail requests for information. 2) Everyone can see where in the process the event planning is and it pulls in different people for different tasks so the workflow is continuous. Let me know if you have any questions!

Level 4
Thanks, Sarah! I appreciate the feedback!