Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Duration and average duration of an issue -- summary tab is blank

Level 10
hi gang, I was asked to figure out how long our issues were taking, and I thought there wouldn't be a problem, but apparently I have ways of making mountains out of molehills? First I ran an issue report and used the canned (provided) duration field. But I don't see what this measures, so all I can tell you is that the answers look off. I would like to measure duration from entry date to actual completion date. SO the next thing I tried to do was amend some existing code I had on tasks, and see if it would work on issues. I used the following: aggregator.displayformat=HTML aggregator.function=AVG aggregator.valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({entryDate}, {actualCompletionDate}) aggregator.valueformat=HTML displayname=Request duration textmode=true valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({entryDate}, {actualCompletionDate}) valueformat=int It gives me what looks to be the correct answer in each row and the grouping bars (blue bars) also populate with what I assume to be the correct answer. So that part is good. However, the summary tab shows blank for each average (as in, I get the word "Average:" and then no answer on every row). Is that normal and I just never noticed? (we don't use a lot of calcs in our reports) I feel like other reports (at the project level) have not behaved in this way (I have an average on a "draft count" field, and it averages--but this is not a calculated field, it's an existing numerical field that we plop numbers into). So is my programming somehow off? I thought it was weird that the aggregator stuff all said HTML and the column stuff said int, but when I changed them all over to int, it didn't fix things. Thanks as always, -skye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4
Yep, calculations in reports don't summarize in charts and the summary tab. Move the calc to the form for best results. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Thanks for confirming and offering a workaround, Melinda. I'll play with it some more. :) -skye