Expand my Community achievements bar.

Duplicating a Issue Queue?

Level 10

I have a project set-up as a master queue for users to request projects of our group. It has a rather developed/complex decision tree so that requests (issues) are routed to the correct team to help them. It is open to all the users of our instance and now contains hundreds of requests.

We're planning to make some changes, and I want to duplicate this queue, hide it from all but my test users, then use it for a testbed.

Just as I was about to blindly do this, it occurred to me:

1. I don't want to duplicate all the existing issues in this project/queue.
  2. I don't want a bunch of duplicate/spurious notifications to be suddenly sent-out from this bogus queue.

Is this possible?

Or am I better off just creating a queue from scratch and reproduce just one branch of decisions for my testing/demo purposes?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kevin,

Yes, this is possible, and yes, your final thought sounds prudent (albeit More Work). You could also try first saving the existing queue project as a Template, and if the queue settings, queue topics, and routing rules are preserved, cull that Template back to Just What You Need, then create the new testbed Project from that Template.

Whichever path you choose, I’d suggest you consider taking advantage of your preview environment (where the data is as of last weekend, and email alerts are off, by design) to confirm your assumptions, rehearse for eventually repeating in production, and possibly avoid the latter if preview fulfills your testbed needs.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

I thought about using Preview, but the test may last a number of weeks; I thought the test area wipes on a regular basis? Also wasn't sure what happens to notifications and such in Preview (so really, the same problems exist?).

Sounds like though it may be a bit more work, it would be safer just to create a new test queue and just reproduce the bits and pieces I need to demo it. Probably not THAT much more work really, considering how much time I'd have to spend on "unhooking" the duplicate so it didn't notify anyone of anything outside the test group.