Expand my Community achievements bar.

drawdown contract (porfolio or program) help/ideals

Level 2
Hi Community I was wondering if you can advise me on a problem I am trying to figure out. I have a need to set up a portfolio or program to manage a drawdown contract. For example the total contract is £10,000 I then want to have an overview of the multiple projects and their costs against the total value, I was thinking of using portfolio optimisation but its not quite working as I thought it would. Any advise or thoughts on how I can do this would be much appreciated. Kind regards Allan Allan Ruan NELCSU
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 8
Portfolios have a budget but programs don't. So unless you want to build custom forms to track this, you should start with Portfolios. Adding a project to a portfolio should reduce the remaining budget in the optimizer, and you should be able to display this in a report. Can you be more specific about it not working as you thought it would? It's hard to give more advice without more specific details. Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia

Level 2
Many thanks for getting back to me. I am going to try and describe the scenario I have set up a portfolio X In the budget filed on the portfolio optimiser I have put £70,000 I then add a project to that portfolio as approved/current I add a couple of tasks and assigned them to people We then log time against those tasks and mark them as done (totalling £10,000) When I go back to portfolio optimiser I don't see any change The only way I can get the Portfolio optimiser to subtract the value is to add a fixed cost to the project Thank you again for your help Allan Ruan NELCSU