Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Does anyone have any idea(s) how to create a Utilization report that measures different groups within a marketing department and incorporates actual hours.

Level 1

3 Replies

Level 3

Prompts:

ElliotLeson_1-1661803479876.png

Columns

ElliotLeson_2-1661803529040.png

Grouping

group.0.linkedname=owner
group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=owner
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.0.valuefield=owner:name
group.0.valueformat=string
group.1.linkedname=hourType
group.1.name=Billable Status
group.1.valueexpression=IF({hourType}.{countAsRevenue},"Billable","Not Billable")
group.1.valueformat=HTML
textmode=true

Level 5

Hey @ElliotLeson, I noticed your final column called "% Utilization". Is this a calculated field, a calculated report column, or something else? If it's a calculation I'd be interested in knowing what fields you're using in your calculation.

I've been exporting an Assignment Report to Excel where I take either Actual Hours (if they exist) or Planned Hours (if no actual hours have been recorded)and divide by Duration x Full-Time Hours (which for us is 7.5 hours a day) to get resource utilization at the task level.

Something like this:

=(SUM(IF(ActualHours,ActualHours,PlannedHours))/(TaskDuration*7.5)

I'm curious what others are using.

Level 10

Hi @Adorna11,

In addition to the native report suggestion @ElliotLeson offered, I invite you to consider our Capacity Charts solution, which allow you to easily create insightful resource management reports with only basic Workfront setup.

Regards,

Doug