Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Calculated field that shows multiple values from checkbox field

Level 3

Is there a way to set up a calculated field that would return multiple values (separated by a comma) from a multi-select checkbox field?

In our current state, we have a radio button field with various locations listed. Each location has a unique location ID. Whenever someone submits a request through the form, the calculated field provides the location ID based on the location that is selected. We would like to allow someone who submits a request to select more than just one location (via multi-select checkbox), but I'm struggling with attempting to separate out the values (locations IDs) that are returned.

Any help would be appreciated!

An example of the current set-up (which provides one output based on location selection):

IF({DE:Location Name}="Location 1","12345",IF({DE:Location Name}="Location 2","23456",IF({DE:Location Name}="Location 3","34567")))

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jack,

I replied to this similar thread with a screenshot showing a formula you could use to create such a comma delimited (where I used the | symbol) in consistent order (meaning you can also group by and chart the various combinations "sensibly").

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jack,

I replied to this similar thread with a screenshot showing a formula you could use to create such a comma delimited (where I used the | symbol) in consistent order (meaning you can also group by and chart the various combinations "sensibly").

Regards,

Doug

Thank you for your help @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore! The formula recommended allowed me to separate out the values from a multi-select checkbox field. I really appreciate it!

I used the following example you provided in your other post below and tailored it to my scenario.

CONCAT(IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Portfolio",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),"Portfolio | ",""),IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Program",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),"Program | ",""),IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Project Owner",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),"Project Owner | ",""),IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Project",REPLACE({DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag},"Swimlane Project Owner","SwimlaneProjectOwner")),"Project | ",""))