Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Calculated field that shows multiple values from checkbox field

Level 4

Is there a way to set up a calculated field that would return multiple values (separated by a comma) from a multi-select checkbox field?

In our current state, we have a radio button field with various locations listed. Each location has a unique location ID. Whenever someone submits a request through the form, the calculated field provides the location ID based on the location that is selected. We would like to allow someone who submits a request to select more than just one location (via multi-select checkbox), but I'm struggling with attempting to separate out the values (locations IDs) that are returned.

Any help would be appreciated!

An example of the current set-up (which provides one output based on location selection):

IF({DE:Location Name}="Location 1","12345",IF({DE:Location Name}="Location 2","23456",IF({DE:Location Name}="Location 3","34567")))

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jack,

I replied to this similar thread with a screenshot showing a formula you could use to create such a comma delimited (where I used the | symbol) in consistent order (meaning you can also group by and chart the various combinations "sensibly").

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Jack,

I replied to this similar thread with a screenshot showing a formula you could use to create such a comma delimited (where I used the | symbol) in consistent order (meaning you can also group by and chart the various combinations "sensibly").

Regards,

Doug

Thank you for your help @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore! The formula recommended allowed me to separate out the values from a multi-select checkbox field. I really appreciate it!

I used the following example you provided in your other post below and tailored it to my scenario.

CONCAT(IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Portfolio",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),"Portfolio | ",""),IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Program",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),"Program | ",""),IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Project Owner",{DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag}),"Project Owner | ",""),IF(CONTAINS("Swimlane Project",REPLACE({DE:AtApp Swimlane Tag},"Swimlane Project Owner","SwimlaneProjectOwner")),"Project | ",""))