Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Documents in tasks with predecessors

Level 3
I work in our Communications Team. When a writer attaches a draft document to the task, it is also added to the project's master document list. The editor then has a task involving that document. Can the draft document also be automatically attached to the editor's task? The writer could manually add it to the editor's task, but if someone forgets to do so, the editor has to find it in the project document folder. Alternatively, is there a way to make it easier for the editor to locate the specific file he/she needs to edit? Thanks for any insight or assistance. Dave Parker Seed Company
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 6
We had this conundrum with flowing a document down through tasks as they cascade. We built an api worker thread to automatically move documents through the system to the next task. it's super useful and when people do things right it works wonders. I haven't been able to find a way to do it within the system though Ryan Carroll Integrated Marketing Services

Level 10
Consider this solution: create a folder that contain this draft document that both the writer and the editor has access to. This way the document won't be buried in the project's master documents. Benetta Perry APS

Level 2
Our solution is similar to Ryan's. At project creation, we have an API create a series of folders in the project (and program). We instruct users to load documents to tasks as they work through, and the API will "file" them into the appropriate folders at the higher levels so they can be visible in any of the 3 locations (task, project, program). We have not considered automatically "pushing" that doc to the next task, I don't think we have enough use cases for that specific solution. James Hill

Community Advisor
The folders is what we do as well. We have a small set of folders on every project template, so they are already there when the project is created.