Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Documentation is MIA....adjusting planned hour allocation across multiple assignments?

Level 9

I'm trying to help another admin set up her resource allocation correctly. 

If there is one person assigned 3 hrs over 3 days, that is assigning the person 1 hr per day.

However, if two people are assigned 3 hrs over 3 days, that is assigning the person .5 per day. 

What is the adjustment / setting needed to make sure allocations are shared/not shared?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Allocations are split amongst all task assignees that are "users" or "roles", but not "teams".

If a task is assigned to a user and a role, the hours will be split evenly amongs them, unless… That role belongs to an assigned user.

The general rules are:

• Multiple Teams don’t affect hours allocation division.
  • Multiple Assignees (Users) do affect hours allocation division.
  • Multiple Roles will affect hours allocation division if no assigned user has that role.
    • If a new assignee is added that has a role that’s already listed, the hours for the role and user will combine and NOT be divided.
    • If a new assignee is added that has a role that has NOT been listed, the allocated hours will split(divide).

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Allocations are split amongst all task assignees that are "users" or "roles", but not "teams".

If a task is assigned to a user and a role, the hours will be split evenly amongs them, unless… That role belongs to an assigned user.

The general rules are:

• Multiple Teams don’t affect hours allocation division.
  • Multiple Assignees (Users) do affect hours allocation division.
  • Multiple Roles will affect hours allocation division if no assigned user has that role.
    • If a new assignee is added that has a role that’s already listed, the hours for the role and user will combine and NOT be divided.
    • If a new assignee is added that has a role that has NOT been listed, the allocated hours will split(divide).

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Level 10

Hi @Christina_Jarosz,

In addition to the hard-earned observations @RandyRoberts  shared, this Overview of Task Duration and Duration Types might also be worth reviewing ("Calculated Work", in particular).

Regards,

Doug