Expand my Community achievements bar.

Documentation in Workfront

Level 4

Question for the financial services group: What types of project documentation do you upload or do not upload into Workfront and do you use it for your system of record?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 5

Hi Leigh,

If you are asking from an audit/compliance/third party risk management perspective.. it really depends on how your organization has classified Workfront to be used internally, and what type of documents ( Based on level of confidentiality) that you can store in the application.

If you are asking from the project management perspective...any document relevant to the management of the project would be uploaded, as the project's book of record documentation.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Level 2

Workfront is used by our Marketing area here at Transamerica. Any requests for Marketing resources and their deliverables are input as projects. The various versions of the deliverable (e.g., flyer, brochure) are input into document folders in the Workfront project so feedback/changes can be provided. It's not considered our system of record as the final versions of the deliverable (once approved) are required to be input into our Digital Asset Management (DAM) system, which is our system of record and also how we distribute the assets.

Employee

I would echo the comments above and add that Workfront by itself will not meet the FINRA requirements from a WORM archival standpoint. However, with a Fusion integration you can definitely connect to a WORM compliant solution so you can satisfy this requirement. When at Charles Schwab, WF was used as the source of truth of content initiation as well as approvals and then a summary file was generated to house the approved assets, date and time stamp, approver, any comments associated with the assets and the products being featured inside of the piece of content. This was then archived inside of the official archival system of record which was integrated with Workfront. If you would like to speak more about this, please feel free to shoot me a note at brentrudewick@workfront.com and I can help you build something that will work with the regulators.

Level 4

I appreciate the responses. We're using Workfront across our organization. Our IT Risk folks are concerned with any PII being in Workfront, which is understandable from a GLB aspect, but it's very difficult to manage testing of an application without giving specific information to our developers for bug fixes. Yet we have other 3rd party cloud provider relationships with much smaller companies than Workfront and are regularly interfacing our entire loan portfolio from our core program. Brent, I may reach out and pick your brain about your suggestion. Thank you!

Level 1

Hi Leigh,

Our project teams will upload documents as it benefits the project. Our policy is that nothing with member/customer identifying information can be uploaded. Workfront is not our system of record for documentation, so many do not upload. We will be revisiting our Workfront setup and usage, so this may change. Marketing does utilize Proof to manage document feedback, changes, and approvals.