Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have any best practices when adding a new Job Role and assigning it to an existing resource?

Level 5

Long time folks!

I need to create a new Job Role and assign it to an existing resource (me 😁 ), but I am concerned what impact I am going to have on my existing Workfront structure (Teams, Templates, Projects, Reports etc) that I need to address.

Any suggestions for efficient management of these changes other than the tedious task of looking for myself anywhere in my instance?

PS I am still in Classic but next step will be moving over to Experience before May!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Tracy -

If the job role that you've assigned to yourself is only assigned to you, you can create the new job role and replace it with the new one in the Admin area and the change will propagate through the system.

If that's not the case, and the job role is assigned to other people also, I'd create the new job role, add it as a second job role in your profile, then run a report that shows all tasks where you're assigned with the existing job role and bulk edit all tasks to add the new job role and then delete the existing job role from your profile.

I don't believe the job role associated with your profile has any bearing on templates, projects, etc., only on tasks. So this should eliminate the need to search through the system for where your name is associated with objects.

Hope this helps,

Teale