Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Display value of custom field not formula

Level 4

How do I display the value of the calculated field and not the formula? My current implementation is {project}.{DE:Individual File Name}. Individual File Name is comprised of its own formula which displays when I grab the value. Thanks!

Lawson02_0-1722625417305.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I thought that something was wrong because the output looked like a link to another formula. Turns out that was just the output and I was not paying attention, so there is no problem anymore. Thanks for the help regardless.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

sorry, but for me this isn't clear what do you want to display and where exactly.
Does your screenshot demonstrate the issue already? 
You can hide the formula from the flyout by unselecting the checkbox on the custom form configuration:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1722854973655.png

in your example "Individual File Name" is a calculated custom field correct? 
I did try in our instance and there is no problem rendering value of such field in another calculated field, that's why I'm not sure what the issue is.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious

Correct answer by
Level 4

I thought that something was wrong because the output looked like a link to another formula. Turns out that was just the output and I was not paying attention, so there is no problem anymore. Thanks for the help regardless.