Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Display Issues on a Project Report

Level 3

I have automated a project status report to go to our requestors. They don't have access to projects, but I would like for them to be able to link back to their original issue to add in any necessary notes or documents.

I remember completing a similar exercise in bootcamp, but I cannot for the life of me remember how.

Can someone help me with a code to display the originating issue on a project report?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No problem Vanessa,

The the following text mode instead. This should display the original issue's name as a clickable link

displayname=

linkedname=convertedOpTask

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=convertedOpTask

namekeyargkey.1=name

querysort=convertedOpTask:name

textmode=true

valuefield=convertedOpTask:name

valueformat=HTML

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Vanessa,

You shouldn't need any text mode to pull this into your report. The variable you are looking for is 'Converted Issue Name' and this should be available in the report builder interface.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply!

I had tried that at first, but it doesn't hyperlink to the issue therefore my requestor cannot follow it back to their original request in Workfront.

Any other ideas?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

No problem Vanessa,

The the following text mode instead. This should display the original issue's name as a clickable link

displayname=

linkedname=convertedOpTask

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=convertedOpTask

namekeyargkey.1=name

querysort=convertedOpTask:name

textmode=true

valuefield=convertedOpTask:name

valueformat=HTML

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Thank you SOOOO much, that worked!!

I am going to have some VERY happy clients.

Thank you!

Vanessa