Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Display Home Group NAME in report chart, as opposed to Home Group ID

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

Is there a way I can display the Home Group Name, instead of Home Group ID, on a report chart?

I have an hours report whereby I have grouped the results by Home Group, but it only lets me select the Home Group ID field, not the Home Group Name field. I switch over to text mode to try and resolve it there (replacing ID with :name), but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

My above suggestion worked! Here is the calculated field formula I used on the User object:

Home Group.Name

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

I am actually in a similar boat right now so would like to follow any suggestions from the Community on this. In our case, we would like to group a report by Home Team ID, but actually have the Home Team Name display... Thanks for this question :)

Level 5

Hello again! I was playing around more and did more digging and here is the text mode I came up with that seemed to work for me for the Home Team ID - my report is in a list though, so not sure if this will also help in your chart view:

group.0.displayname=Team

group.0.linkedname=assignedTo

group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

group.0.namekeyargkey.0=assignedTo

group.0.namekeyargkey.1=homeTeamID

group.0.valuefield=assignedTo:homeTeam:Name

group.0.valueformat=string

textmode=true

If you replace Team with Group... perhaps that will work?

Level 10

Thanks for the input, Olivia and Heather.

I know the text mode trick that replaces the group (or home) id with it's name, it's just that those column updates (Details tab) don't translate in charts/graphs. Thanks though.

Support had this suggestion (Olivia, not sure if you want to chart/graph the Home Team name)...

"...create a calculated field on all user's objects that will return the name of their Home group. This would then give you the ability to group by this field using the Report builder therefore also applying that grouping to your chart as well. "

Correct answer by
Level 10

My above suggestion worked! Here is the calculated field formula I used on the User object:

Home Group.Name