Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Did you tasks view inside Projects change with latest update?

Level 10
All, With this latest update - our tasks view inside of the project changed - in that the font is smaller, the screen is wider - we can see all columns as we could before - but i guess it is the tiny font that is causing heartburn for everyone. Is there a way to make this configurable for each user - or configurable at a system level? Thanks. Benetta Perry APS
31 Replies

Level 10
Really - all of workfront font changed to a smaller font - wider screen. Is this configurable? Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Hi Benetta, We haven't experienced any font change in size.

Level 10
Vic, WHAT??? okay let me check google - EVERYONE's screen is WIDE in rendering and the font VERY TINY. I might just open a ticket. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Yeah I would. It could also be cluster related or something.

Level 3
Task list changes were included in the 2019.1 release last week. Details are outlined here: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016246394#task-list-improvements I haven't noticed a font size change in Chrome. I would make sure that everyone's browser is at 100% view. Also, what browser are you using? That might make a difference. I'm sure you've heard back from support by now, but just wanted to share that link about the changes! Allison Lippert Workfront allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 10
yes we are all using chrome. When chrome is at 100% - then we are presented with a scroll bar. When chrome is at 75% no scroll bar but tiny font. support still investigating our system. This definitely changed with that update. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
My font sizes haven't changed. The column sizing issues I was experiencing last week seem abated (so far).

Level 2
Hello, Our change went into effect Thursday of last week. Yes, the Tasks font is smaller and kind of squished up. The only solution I can offer is to bump up the view beyond 100%. Kristine Punga The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC

Level 1
Our font remained the same, but the column width has become unmanageable. After this weekend, the columns default to be essentially the same width. The Reference Number and Percent Complete columns are nearly as wide as the task name and description columns (not good). When I attempt to resize columns the display area gets wider, and then I have to scroll left to right to see everything. Using Chrome at 100% zoom. I hope this gets resolved soon. Lee Toole BancorpSouth, Inc.

Level 4
We had this happen last update. I asked them to have a hard stop on the far right column and have that shrink or expand to fit the screen someone might be using. I guess the new roll out bounced the coding out into the universe. I have used the feedback button to express my frustration with this as well as the task jumping when you scroll down. We found that if there are more than 15-20 tasks you start to scroll down and the tasks "jump" into full screen mode and cause your eyes to have to find what you were just looking at. so weird. hopefully they will fix this soon. Samantha Williams GameStop Corp.

Level 4
Same experience. In preview, I didn't find this change impactful. A touch annoying, skipping in and out of full screen mode (so to speak), sure. In production, where my users have different screen sizes / resolutions it is very frustrating. I've encouraged them all to use the feedback button to share their experience (and hopefully their browser / workstation setup). Rick MacDuffie Symetra Life Insurance Company

Level 10
Lee - thank you. I was trying to determine what is different on my screen. ALL COLUMNS ARE THE SAME SIZE. This needs to be fixed. I can not have that scroll bar - that is not acceptable - when I increase the zoom level to make the font bigger. Tiny font is not an option, scroll bar is not an option. Let me customize my columns sizes is the best solution for this regression. Benetta Perry APS

Level 1
I'm having these same issues with tasks. I just had a zoom meeting with a rep from WF on my issues with the changes because I pressed the "feedback" button as well and I also pressed the option to speak with someone about it. My issues are the same, scrolling, not being able to do a Control P and print out the tasks for a job jacket, I now have to convert to a PDF - another added step I don't need to do. I also told her when I add a person to a task I used to be able to scroll through the names with the arrow keys and select, I now have to use a mouse to make the selection. She did say they are working on this and the scrolling issue. Just an FYI. Diana Warren True Value Company

Level 10
Support told me to change my columns on my view to fixed widths - but gave no directions on how to do this? Any help here? Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Hi Benetta, Have you tried placing your cursor on line between the columns and dragging the column width wider? If you start from the leftmost columns, it'll move all the other columns over (maintaining their size). If you go from the right side, it'll just squish them.

Level 10
Vic, Yes, it was painful but yes. Now this needs to be done for all in my company - that is going to be a hard sell. Benetta Perry APS

Level 1
I have found that resizing the columns is much easier if you start with the left-most column and work your way right. Prior to this release I always started on the right and worked left, but that is very challenging now. Starting left and working to the right much better experience for me. Perhaps this may help some of those struggling. Lee Toole BancorpSouth, Inc.

Level 10
Yes, totally agree. I kinda like it actually.

Level 2
Level 2
I agree about the frustrations. Many members of my team keep on reaching out with frustrations of the latest release. Not only has everyone expressed that the sliding and shrinking feature in the projects area is annoying but now our custom drop down fields are not working either. I really hope these concerns are addressed by either making the experience simply more intuitive or allowing us the ability to turn this off. E

Level 10
I can painfully fix MY view - but not the COMPANY's view as the System Administrator - which I should be able to make the columns of views that I create fixed - my humble opinion. This is an excerpt from the article:https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001028853-Understanding-Common-Uses-of-Text-Mode Editing the Width of a Column Permanently You can permanently change the width of a column by using these lines in the text mode of the column: width=200 usewidths=true For the width line, specify any number (in pixels), depending on how wide you want the column to display in the report. For information about using text mode in a view, see the "Editing Text Mode in a View" section in the "Understanding Text Mode"article. NOTE The usewidths=true line is mandatory in all columns, except for project and tasks lists in the following tabs: Projects I'm On Projects I Own All projects Projects tab at the Portfolio level Projects tab at the Program level Tasks tab at the Project level Subtasks tab at the Task level Benetta Perry APS