Expand my Community achievements bar.

Did you know..? Custom Refresh Sandboxes.. you can cancel a scheduled refresh!

Level 7
Hi everyone, If you have a custom refresh sandbox (SB01 OR SB02), if you schedule a refresh, you can actually cancel it. There is a Cancel button to the right of the box, it's just hard to read. See here: Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 5
Just curious why one might want to cancel a refresh after they have scheduled it? Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Level 9
In our case, we may become aware at the last minute of another admin using the sandbox environment for testing before rolling out to production. By refreshing, we wipe out existing builds in sandbox.

Level 7
Hey Michelle, Christina is spot on. I had a customer schedule a refresh for a Monday, but was unaware they had a dev team that had 32 projects that weren't backed up. Those projects were lost because they weren't aware. Coincidentally, another one of the customers I support had a similar situation, and ended up rescheduling their refresh a week out, and would just reschedule again if their dev team wasn't done working. All because they didn't know about the Cancel button. =) Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 5
Thanks for the responses. That makes sense. Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Level 6
Hey Dustin I did a custom refresh on 13th March and then on Saturday 16th some team members received email notifications with Sandbox 1 in the subject, even though they have never logged into the Sandbox environment. Have you ever experienced this? All the best Jane Jane Bradshaw BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 7
Hi Jane, Yes.. That's happened if someone has gone into their profiles and marked off a box "Receive emails from this test environment". Hop back in there and you're very likely going to see that box checked off in their profiles. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront