Expand my Community achievements bar.

Delimiter Options for Reporting on Collections

Level 4
I just want to put together a list of delimiter choices and drawbacks to make it easier to find. Let's add each option with spaces between each character so they don't get overwritten This is mainly for collections like: Current Task with a filter on name contains Status displayname=Current Task listdelimiter=& z w j ; listmethod=nested(tasks).lists shortview=true textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IF(CONTAINS("CPL",{status}),"",IF(CONTAINS("Status",{name}),CONCAT({name}," "," "))))) valueformat=HTML Zero-Width Joiner - This is best for lists that will have a lot of blanks and you don't want any characters in between or for blanks & z w j ; Break - This is for one line break for each element of the list whether or not it has data. Can end up with a lot of blank spaces < b > Paragraph - This should combine multiple breaks into paragraphs and was my favorite until it stopped working correctly on some dashboards < p > Please add more! -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement Enterprise Integration CapabilitySource - 2018 Workfront Services Implementation Partner of the Year Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Please try
as your listdelimiter. Jason Webre suggested this at LEAP b/c it creates a break that requires CSS to remove, which works out well for our use case.. Narayan Raum Senior System Admin, Solution Architect & Delivery Lead of Workfront. Service & Business Manager. COE Lead. AVP Enterprise Data Governance Execution (EDGE) SunTrust Bank

Level 10
Oh my God!!! The
is amazing!!! We have either been using if there is not IF statement filtering. If there is an IF statement, we have been using and then using a CONCAT to add a comma or double slashing to separate the items. I switched over our big project status report to
and it looks so much nicer!! Thank you for sharing! Totally made my week! Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Just when I thought I've already heard most things about text mode in Leap that I didn't plan to attend those sessions anymore, here I am learning something new. Thanks for sharing! I will have to apply these after I come back from vacay. Polly Co