Expand my Community achievements bar.

Delay between WF Notification and email Notification

Level 6

Hi all,

Some of our users (and me) have noticed that there is often a sizeable delay been and update being made and the email getting through to the relevant individuals. This can be 15+ minutes. I know this doesn't sound like a huge delay, but we often have quick turn-around projects and this delay has caused some frustration.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way of reducing the lag?

Tahnsk

Matt

5 Replies

Level 8

As much as possible we encourage our users to use the notification area of Workfront because we have no visibility into technical issues with emails, delays, users not receiving notifications because they're marked as junk, emails that are "missing" etc.

Admittedly we operate independently and without relying on IT and I alone support Workfront and another system, so the resources are not there.

Community Advisor

Interesting, I'm not hearing this and have not been experiencing this personally. You're sure these people don't have only Daily set on these notifications, I assume?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 6

Hi Madalyn,

Yes, it's happens to me also. I've checked all of my notification settings and all seem okay. But it doesn't sound like there's much that can be done, so thanks for replying as always.

Have a good day.

Matt

Community Advisor

I'd reach out to Support on it with a few examples of when an update happened and when the respective email notification was received. They are able to see when notifications are trying to go through and should be able to determine if it's something on WF's side or your mail client side.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 6

That sounds like a good idea, but they can't do anything and don't have the resources to investigate (see above) Lol