Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Deactivate or delete external users if we want them to have the ability to have a future account created via SSO, auto-provisioning?

Level 5

We have configured WF for Single Sign On and auto-provisioning so that anyone in the company can have their account created automatically upon first login--which is ideal. On rare occasions, I get pinged that an employee cannot access WF properly, they have a blank screen. Digging into this I uncover that the employee has an existing External User account because they were once shared a proof(s) via their email address, thus creating the External User account. I can upgrade their Access Level and other settings when I am notified of this, but I am wondering if I can be proactive with it to prevent this issue from happening in the future? I do not want to research every External User in the company and change their settings as that would take too much time, so I am wondering if I deactivate or delete the External User accounts, will this allow them to log in through the normal SSO auto-provisioning route in the future? Or would deactivation or deletion mess it up entirely?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies