Expand my Community achievements bar.

Daily Digest - old news?

Level 10
Maybe this is just a SysAdmin thing, but I find that all my Daily Digests (sent to us around 8am GMT) contain actions that have already been completed. For example the Daily Digest email I got this morning said I had 28 project approvals, but when I loaded My Work straight after it showed only 1 issue approval. (Indeed when I click on the "Project Approvals" link in the email it takes to My Work stating 'There aren't any projects awaiting your approval right now'!) Am I missing something? :) Jamie Hill JLL EMEA
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7
As I understand, the daily digests are a round-up of the information or notifications that had happened. On the Workfront Help site, it indicates for daily digests, "All the events that meet the criteria of the notifications 24 hours prior to the selected time are emailed with the daily digest. You will receive one daily digest email for each notification area." There is also this Help page "Receiving Email Notifications" "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/231802907-Receiving-Email-Notifications">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/231802907-Receiving-Email-Notifications , which has a detailed section on "Receiving Daily Digest Notifications", where it lists out items to be aware of when getting daily digests. Hope this helps out. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
Thank you. That makes sense if the Daily Digest is like in the normal sense - e.g. "I don't want to get an instant email notification of all replies in this thread, please send me a summary each day". But when it's regarding approvals (specific action from you), I don't understand why it would include actions I've already completed by the time of the email ? Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 10
Yes, they are unusable and not actionable because it contains closed information. I have learned to ignore the daily digest. When I opened a ticket, I was told that it is working as designed. Thanks, Eric

Level 10
Wow. That's ridiculous. They've taken an existing concept and applied it to actionable information - it's not a straight lift and drop! Jamie Hill JLL EMEA

Level 10
I genuinely cannot see how it is helpful to a user to see both un-actioned information and already actioned information in the same email without stating which is which! Any other users want to make me feel less crazy and say how seeing it as-is is useful? :) Jamie Hill JLL EMEA