Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Custom team task filter

Level 3

Hello Workfront Community,

I created a report which filters specific set of project tasks by their project Template Task IDs. 

Conditions are:

Task A:

Primary assignee: Job Role: Creative

Secondary assignee: Job Role: Production

Task B:

Primary assignee: Job Role: Production

Secondary assignee: Job Role: Creative

What I want to achieve is to only list Job Role: Production users and tasks they are associated with instead of both roles, regardless of the task ownership. Has anyone got a hint for a solution to this?

Kind regards,

Lukasz

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, if I'm understanding, you want to be able to see tasks assigned to users in certain projects regardless if they are the primary assignee or not. In your task report, you'll want to use 'assignment users name' instead of 'assigned to name.' Assigned To in reports only pulls primary assignee. Assignment Users will pull anyone on the task assigned. I use this instead of Assigned To as a general practice in reports. 

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1683808658682.png

If this answering your question? If so please mark correct to help others : ) If not, let me know what I'm missing!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

Hi Madalyn

This seem to work however I just realised it wont resolve what I tried to achieve. I wanted to group tasks by assignment users who are associated with Job Role: Production to show all of the tasks they are working on within specified period of time. I will look for another solution.

Thanks for your help thus far!

Kind regards,

Lukasz

Community Advisor

Hi there, apologies for any confusion. Based on your original post, I was thinking you wanted a way to pull in the assignments of only the production roles, which is what that does. If you are filtering to only that role anyway, what is the need for a grouping of that role too (since all are pulling that role's assignments)?

Level 3

Hi Madalyn,

When I attempt to group these tasks by user name or similar and use it in e.g. matrix report it returns all users/roles associated with these tasks so haven't yet find a way to filter just the production people.

Kind regards,

Lukasz

Community Advisor

If you add an OR filter of assignment users role 'not equal' Creative (and any other roles you don't want) does it remove those names or does it also remove all the tasks they share with Production?

Level 3

Hi Madalyn

I tried this also but I its impossible to group the outputs by anything close to user name hence it will not work for me. 

Community Advisor

This is kinda driving me crazy that I can't see it and help more. Reach out in a private message if you want to sync/screenshare on this and I can try to help!