Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Report - Project's I'm On

Level 2

I'm looking to create some custom reporting to somewhat replicate the Project's I'm On image below (image 1). 

When going to the reporting tool, I am unsure what filter to use to replicate and show all the projects that I am on. I am not the project owner of any, so I can't filter by that. What filter should I be looking for (image 2)?

I've considered subscribing to all projects, and filtering by projects that I am subscribed to, but there are a lot of projects and I would like to not have to manually subscribe to all projects that I am on. 

Image 1

ErickDi_0-1721944103956.png

Image 2

ErickDi_1-1721944507354.png

11 Replies

Community Advisor

I believe that the filter on that button is set to something similar to the below. The concept is that if you're assigned to a task you're added to the project's People tab. It's not to say that this is the only way to define it, but I think that's how Workfront defines that button. There are also variations to that filter that other customers have set for themselves, like making sure projects only display if there are incomplete tasks, or whatever else they define as a "project I'm on".

Level 2

Hi!

That is close, but it seems like that filter replicates the "My Tasks" dashboard, which shows me to see all the projects I'm on with incomplete tasks.

I need to be able to follow projects that I am on, but I don't have any tasks for. For example, the image below shows how a project is delegated to me. I don't have any tasks on that project, but I am responsible for overseeing the project. Is there any suggestion for a filter that will show projects that I am requested to work on as highlighted below?

ErickDi_0-1722199962073.png

Thanks!

Community Advisor

can you post the URL for the screenshot you made above? Does the word “issue” show up on the URL line by chance?

Community Advisor

Note that the below answer is using Workfront-specific terminology. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/basics/workfront-terminology-glossary . As an admin of an instance where everyone calls what they are working on a "project" whether it's a Workfront project, task, or issue, I have experience in code switching, but prefer not to do it in a public forum. With that in mind:

If you're trying to report on objects of this type (i.e. so you can go back and reference this type of object), this would be best done through an issue report, probably filtering in part on issues that are assigned to you (i.e. you were requested to work on this.). 

Oftentimes, users will convert these issues to projects -- if you are trying to report on the Converted Project, you can do so either from an issue report looking for issues that were converted to projects, or a project report where you exist as one of the assignees on the issue that was converted. 

Rarely, users will convert the issues to tasks, and similar reports can be run here... hardly worth mentioning since hardly anyone goes down this road.

The URL line is your key to what you're looking at. Note that if you're on an issue, the word "issue" will be in this line. For projects, you'll see the word "project". Tasks, reports, dashboards, users, and documents, (to name a few of the most common objects) all follow this general rule.

Level 7

@ErickDi , I put something similar in the Innovation Lab a while ago (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/report-filter-for-favorite-projects...).  I would like to have a report filter for the projects I have favorited, as they're the only ones I track.  It didn't get any traction.

If you want to write a fresh Idea and post a link here, I'll upvote it.

Level 2

I have had similar ideas. Most of my problems would be solved if I could create a report around projects that I favorite or subscribe to. 

Hi @ErickDi and @ChloeWY,

I invite you to roll your own My Favorite Projects filter as below.

Regards,

Doug

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1722396998979.png

Hi @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore , thank you for the suggestion!  I can't speak for @ErickDi , but I am trying to create task reports that filter to only show tasks on projects I have favorited.  I don't believe this is currently possible, but please let me know if I'm wrong!