Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Report Help

Level 4
Hello! We do a good amount of customs reports in the system and I'm attempting to minimize the different system we utilize. I want to produce status reports from the system and can input the data various ways either custom forms, update sections, etc. That said, I'm wondering if anyone has had success with manipulating report formatting. Today, all reports are in columns going horizontal only. Anyone know of a way to move data around horizontally, vertically, etc. so it isn't in one straight line across? The only work around I've found is by creating a dashboard and saving as a pdf but it doesn't look as clean or professional as I'd hope for. Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.
2 Replies

Level 3
Three main methods come to mind. Out of the box dashboard can collect different topics for presentation as individual reports for a specific project. This then gets embedded in the layout template navigation for always being shown specific to the project. This option allows for several objects (project, tasks, issues, hours, etc.) to be reported on in one dashboard view. A custom interface specific to the status report could be used to grab the data and then polish it into some PDF. This option allows for several objects (project, tasks, issues, hours, etc.) to be reported on in one view. This requires someone building the interface. A set of text mode could be assembled to move the fields around in the single row list and shared columns. This is complicated for the new Workfront user and requires extended knowledge of the text mode syntax. This is also heavy maintenance to move the fields around or change the fields. This may only report on one object at a time for each report. However, several reports may be added to a dashboard like in the first idea above. Doug Williams - NETSource Consulting NETSource Consulting Helping others simplify the complexities of their Workfront installations.

Level 4
Thanks for the input. When you refer to a custom interface, can this be accomplished with Word via Doc Tagging that you know of? Or are there specific interfaces that need to be utilized? Jordan Martinson LeaseTeam, Inc.