Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Custom Report Column Displaying Code with Result

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

I have a project report, whereby I am trying to surface values from custom fields on related programs.  However, the result in my report custom column displays code.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.41.24 AM.png

Here's the text mode data for the Client Engagement Lead column:

displayname=Client Engagement Lead
linkedname=program
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=program
namekeyargkey.1=WF Client Engagement Lead
querysort=DE:program:WF Client Engagement Lead
textmode=true
valuefield=program:WF Client Engagement Lead
valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

I played with the valueformat, but it's not seeming to make a difference.
Does anyone know what adjustment I might make to just display names without the extra code?

Thanks,
Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good news, @NickVa1 

I SWEAR that I tried this before and it didn't work, but I saw it working in another environment and tried again with a fresh mind. 

Caveat is that you can't do this with a calculated view. But, you can do it if you add a calculated field to your project form. 

On your project custom form, add a similarly named calculated field, like "Program Principal" (presuming the field name of the typeahead on the program form is called "Principal")
The expression for your project calculated field is easy: 

{program}.{DE:Principal:name}

Recalc your project expressions, then your project view/report can be built to just reference your new project-level field "Program Principal" 

Tested and working. Good luck!

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good news, @NickVa1 

I SWEAR that I tried this before and it didn't work, but I saw it working in another environment and tried again with a fresh mind. 

Caveat is that you can't do this with a calculated view. But, you can do it if you add a calculated field to your project form. 

On your project custom form, add a similarly named calculated field, like "Program Principal" (presuming the field name of the typeahead on the program form is called "Principal")
The expression for your project calculated field is easy: 

{program}.{DE:Principal:name}

Recalc your project expressions, then your project view/report can be built to just reference your new project-level field "Program Principal" 

Tested and working. Good luck!

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 10

Thanks so much for your thorough attempts at a resolution, and details related to them, WE.

Level 10

Last we heard about this is they de-prioritised it in Feb '22. The original post was from 2019. It isn't really a "**bleep**y" new feature that could drive sales so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Level 10

Thanks for circling back, WE.  We ended up creating a program report, instead of a project report, and just included less info in it.  Since I didn't have to reference fields from a different object, the JSON code does not appear.  I'll keep your solution in mind should we wish to go back to our original requirement that included data from multiple objects.