Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Custom Report Column Displaying Code with Result

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

I have a project report, whereby I am trying to surface values from custom fields on related programs.  However, the result in my report custom column displays code.

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 11.41.24 AM.png

Here's the text mode data for the Client Engagement Lead column:

displayname=Client Engagement Lead
linkedname=program
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=program
namekeyargkey.1=WF Client Engagement Lead
querysort=DE:program:WF Client Engagement Lead
textmode=true
valuefield=program:WF Client Engagement Lead
valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

I played with the valueformat, but it's not seeming to make a difference.
Does anyone know what adjustment I might make to just display names without the extra code?

Thanks,
Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good news, @NickVa1 

I SWEAR that I tried this before and it didn't work, but I saw it working in another environment and tried again with a fresh mind. 

Caveat is that you can't do this with a calculated view. But, you can do it if you add a calculated field to your project form. 

On your project custom form, add a similarly named calculated field, like "Program Principal" (presuming the field name of the typeahead on the program form is called "Principal")
The expression for your project calculated field is easy: 

{program}.{DE:Principal:name}

Recalc your project expressions, then your project view/report can be built to just reference your new project-level field "Program Principal" 

Tested and working. Good luck!

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good news, @NickVa1 

I SWEAR that I tried this before and it didn't work, but I saw it working in another environment and tried again with a fresh mind. 

Caveat is that you can't do this with a calculated view. But, you can do it if you add a calculated field to your project form. 

On your project custom form, add a similarly named calculated field, like "Program Principal" (presuming the field name of the typeahead on the program form is called "Principal")
The expression for your project calculated field is easy: 

{program}.{DE:Principal:name}

Recalc your project expressions, then your project view/report can be built to just reference your new project-level field "Program Principal" 

Tested and working. Good luck!

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 10

Thanks so much for your thorough attempts at a resolution, and details related to them, WE.

Level 10

Last we heard about this is they de-prioritised it in Feb '22. The original post was from 2019. It isn't really a "**bleep**y" new feature that could drive sales so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Level 10

Thanks for circling back, WE.  We ended up creating a program report, instead of a project report, and just included less info in it.  Since I didn't have to reference fields from a different object, the JSON code does not appear.  I'll keep your solution in mind should we wish to go back to our original requirement that included data from multiple objects.