Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Form Reporting

Level 2

Overview: I would like to be able to pull a report showing the answers to certain fields on a custom form 

Background: We are an in-house marketing department. We get requests from several places (dealers, sales team members, and internal departments). I've created fields on the custom form we use for requests to distinguish where these requests are coming from. Now we'd like to start auditing when and where our requests are coming from throughout the year by building a dashboard with reports. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This can easily be done. Are the fields you want to track on all of the various request/issue custom form(s) you're getting from the various groups so you can compare apples:apples? Even if not, you can work with native fields to show # of requests from the different groups MoM for example. You'll want to work with an issue report since you're looking at requests (assuming you're using request queues for these folks).

You can do an issue report grouped by project (i.e. queue), and have columns for any of the custom fields you want to show, as well as when the request was submitted, by whom, etc. Plenty you can do here!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This can easily be done. Are the fields you want to track on all of the various request/issue custom form(s) you're getting from the various groups so you can compare apples:apples? Even if not, you can work with native fields to show # of requests from the different groups MoM for example. You'll want to work with an issue report since you're looking at requests (assuming you're using request queues for these folks).

You can do an issue report grouped by project (i.e. queue), and have columns for any of the custom fields you want to show, as well as when the request was submitted, by whom, etc. Plenty you can do here!

Level 2

Hi Madalyn, 

This doesn't quite cover it because we have coordinators that fill out the request forms on behalf of the requestor. For example: 

Issue: Project X 
Submitted by: JANE DOE 
*Custom Field: Requesting Department  

*Custom Field: Requestor Name 
    *These being the fields I would like to pull reports on 

Community Advisor

You can still do this depending on the format of those 2 custom forms. If the department is a single-select dropdown or radio buttons, you can group the issue report by that custom field instead of by project name. Same with requester, if it's a typeahead field, you can group by that custom field. If both are text fields, you won't be able to group by them as easily (if any variation in how people write these in you'll get inaccurate groupings) but instead can have columns for those 2 fields and sort by them to still group them together within the report.