Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Form not visible to users on Request

Level 2

I have a rudimentary problem and I'm blanking on the solution - can anyone help? I created a new queue and a custom form to capture information for the associated request type. But, the form isn't displaying for work and plan users on the request. (Below - screenshot of the custom form as it appears to admins, vs. not visible to work/plan.) I am sure there is a simple permissions setting I am missing, but I can't figure out what, and I've gone over the queue setup and custom form settings multiple times. Any advice would be much appreciated!

0690z000008XspUAAS.png0690z000008Xsp5AAC.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Katherine - thank you for the suggestion! Reporting back to say I found the offender. In the Queue Setup, I had set it to grant View Access instead of Contribute Access (allowing access to the Custom Form). Once corrected, it appeared. I think I mistakenly thought this setting (screenshot below) was for access to the form on the Request/Issue once submitted, but it covers access pre-submission, too. Sharing in case it's helpful for anyone else!

0690z000008Y0TlAAK.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

Hi Sarah,

Been there, fought with that one. Just like Projects/Tasks can have custom sharing/security settings, the same is true for Custom Forms. Check that tab on the Custom Form itself like in my screenshot and see if it's visible to the right group/team/company matching your request queue? You might have tried that, but I didn't see it in your screenshots.

Katherine

Correct answer by
Level 2

Katherine - thank you for the suggestion! Reporting back to say I found the offender. In the Queue Setup, I had set it to grant View Access instead of Contribute Access (allowing access to the Custom Form). Once corrected, it appeared. I think I mistakenly thought this setting (screenshot below) was for access to the form on the Request/Issue once submitted, but it covers access pre-submission, too. Sharing in case it's helpful for anyone else!

0690z000008Y0TlAAK.png

Level 7

Ohhh. I would have made that same assumption myself! Thanks for following up with the solution.