Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom form Group Ownership

Level 2

How do you assign group ownership to a custom form?  I thought it was through form sharing. 

My company is having issue with group admins not having the proper access to specific custom forms that their group owns when the form author leaves the company.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, couple things to check:
- Form Sharing in the custom form itself, as you said - but check they have manage access and that maybe it's access for the Group and not individuals...

- Do these people have manage access on the projects/programs these forms reside (if they are trying to manage the form within a project)?

- Are they request queue custom forms and they don't have manage access to the queue/project?

- In your access levels in Setup, do your group admins have 'administrative access' on custom forms in the access they are associated with?

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1678477006901.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, couple things to check:
- Form Sharing in the custom form itself, as you said - but check they have manage access and that maybe it's access for the Group and not individuals...

- Do these people have manage access on the projects/programs these forms reside (if they are trying to manage the form within a project)?

- Are they request queue custom forms and they don't have manage access to the queue/project?

- In your access levels in Setup, do your group admins have 'administrative access' on custom forms in the access they are associated with?

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1678477006901.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

Hello,

I would also like to change the 'Group' the custom form belongs to. 

The replies are all around access to the form which is all checked and correct.

Its not an issue with access - its more about where the form belongs.

As I created the form does the system automatically assign it to the group I am in? How can I change this.

Thank You