Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Custom Form Fields

Level 4
Is there a workaround for using the same exact field on multiple custom forms? I added a new field called "please select region" to one of my custom forms but need to go back and add it to the rest of our forms. However, every time I do, it says that the name has already been used. Is there a way to get around this so I can use this same field on multiple forms? Thanks! Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus
3 Replies

Level 4
Shannon, When you are in a form that you want to add an existing field that you have already created, you would select Field Library instead of New Field and then you can start typing the name of field and it should show-up as a field you can add to the form. Once the field is created for one form, it is created for all forms you want to use that field in. I hope this helps, David
DAVID A. TAYLOR Founder & Managing Consultant

Level 3
What David said is spot on. But you do want to be careful with reusing a field from the Field Library for a few reasons. 1) If you make a change to the field -- name, size, format, etc. -- on one of the custom forms it's used on, it makes the change on ALL of the custom forms the field is used on. 2) Reporting purposes. Look at the reports you'll need to include this field on and make sure that the information can still be separated out the way you need it. Allison Lippert Workfront Training Manager allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 10
I'll add to that, if your field is a calculated field it can get squirrely sometimes too when you use the same one for multiple forms. I've had situations where it wouldn't let me change the calculated field unless I did some unnatural things �� (i.e. remove the field from the form, save it, and then add it back). In one case I had to create a new field all together.