Expand my Community achievements bar.

custom default filters / views / groupings depending on user group

Level 9
Hello,

I know, that there are several threads and ideas concerning the ability to have filters, views, and groupings on a per-object basis, but I wanted to ask, if there are any workarounds.

We absolutely need to be able to "customize" how a project and the tasks are shown groupwise. 

As it is possible to define custom statuses on projects, tasks and issues for each group it absolutely should be possible to extend this to default filters, views and groupings.

Now I saw, that it is possible to attach layout templates to a group. So therefore I was wondering, if this could have effects on the default filter / view / grouping if different.
I mean, custom statuses are shown based on the group a project is assigned to, could this also be possible with filters / views / groupings?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Lars
6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, I think I'm understanding you and yes, you can associate a layout template with a Group. Go to the Group and Layout Templates is on the left panel (along with Group members, templates, etc.). If you create a layout template that is assigned to members of the group, you are able to set their default filter/view/grouping. When creating the new layout template, select Lists from the left then you can set these items per object, select which you want to be the standard for each. NOTE that it'll still function like the rest of filters/groupings/views, where you can't set this to be 1 view for a project and another view for a different project (something I've heard on the roadmap for a while now).

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1702479861721.png

Does this help?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

There’s not a way to do this but if you don’t have too many groups you could maybe work around it with a custom dashboard for each group.

Level 9

@Madalyn_Destafney and @skyehansen 

Thanks a lot for your answers. I really hope this will be possible in the near future, as it would be an absolute benefit.

Community Advisor

did you locate any likely posts in the Ideas section? I’m happy to help by upvoting something.

Community Advisor

We use what Madalyn suggested and have the filters views and groupings defined at the layout template level for users by group.

I should note that I've had a ticket opened since September because custom filters can't be the default filter. They believe it's an issue with the new filtering experience that blocks it. 

KellieGardner_1-1702483634917.png

Level 9

Ok, sounds promising. I think I need to go through it another time, as this approach was not working for me earlier. But perhaps I made a mistake...

I will check and post an update.